Intel is offering several incentives for developers to create MeeGo apps. The most recent of these is the The Intel AppUpSMdeveloper challenge, that rewards the creators of apps which deliver the most creative and engaging experiences for netbooks, and tablets.
Prizes include an all-expenses-paid trip to Antarctica, a 5-day trip to Russia to fly former military jets at supersonic speeds, an all-expenses-paid trip to the Mecca of comics, sci-fi, and entertainment: Comic-Con and trips to TED conferences. You can even opt for cash, if you are not much of an adventurer.
- Best App for Multiple Devices – Win an all-expenses-paid trip to Antarctica including a 700-mile excursion to the South Pole, or $50,000 in cash.
- Most Elegant App - Win a 5-day trip to Russia to fly former military jets at supersonic speeds, or $50,000 in cash.
- Best App for Tablet/Netbook – Win one of two trips to a TED conference, or $25,000.
- Most Valuable Developer – Win an all-expenses-paid trip to Comic-Con, or $10,000.
There will also be Best of Category prizes. Each award gives the winner $20,000!
- Best Communication App
- Best App to Stay Informed
- Best App to Watch and Listen
- Best App to Stay in Sync
- Best App for Play
- Best Custom App for France
For more details, check out http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contest/contest-details